100 of the World’s leading operators to present at LTE World Summit 2011
Date: Tue, 04/26/2011 - 18:07
With an increasing number of LTE deployments taking place around the world, this year’s LTE World Summit - the world’s meeting place for the LTE community – promises to address the challenges operators face and stimulate debate across the global LTE industry
In association with strategic partner, 3GPP, and host operators, Deutsche Telekom and BT Wholesale, the 7th annual LTE World Summit - taking place on 17-18 May at RAI Amsterdam, Netherlands. It will present over 100 operator case studies and provide the backdrop for in-depth discussions ranging from business models through to the technology challenges operators still face and the work that needs to be carried out.
The start of each day will see a series of keynote sessions run by C- level executives from operator companies covering a number of topics, including Is the future of mobile fixed? Examining the evolving architecture and the convergence of fixed and mobile networks and User experiences, policy control concepts central to LTE – Is personalisation key to a generation that has grown up with mobile phones? This year’s global keynote line-up includes:
• Hartmut Kremling, CTO, Vodafone D2, Germany
• Tommy Ljunggren, VP System Development – Mobility Services, TeliaSonera, Sweden
• Seizo Onoe, SVP and Managing Director of R&D Strategy, NTT DoCoMo, Japan
• Thierry Bonhomme, Executive VP, France Telecom/Orange, France
• Christian Daigneault, CTO, CSL, Hong Kong
• Marwan Zawaydeh, CTO, Etisalat, UAE
• Denis Sverdlov, CEO, Yota, Russia
• Andrea Folgueiras, CTO, Telefonica/O2
• Sally Davis, CEO, BT Wholesale, UK
• Dr. Abdul-Malik Al-Jaber, CEO, Zain, Jordan
• Martin Harriman, EVP, LightSquared, USA
• Thomas Welter, Chief Frequency Officer, SFR, France
• Joseph Brunoli, Managing Director, free-hotspot.com, Ireland
• Stephen Bye, VP Wireless, Cox Wireless, USA
• Ed Candy, CTO, Three, UK
Plus there will be analysis and thought leadership from key invited industry analysts on the most pertinent issues and challenges that the industry faces with the commercialisation of LTE and the future of mobile broadband at the LTE Analyst Spotlight – new for 2011.
More than 2,500 attendees and over 120 exhibitors are expected to attend the two day show. Ian Hemming, CEO of Informa Telecoms & Media, commented: “This is our seventh annual LTE World Summit and this will be by far the biggest. The 100 operator case studies and a comprehensive LTE-focussed exhibition will enable everyone attending to get a clear picture of where LTE is now and where it is headed.”
LTE World Summit 2011 provides delegates with a unique opportunity to hear and learn from a powerful panel of over 150 expert speakers who will be sharing insights and engaging in high-level debate.
Adrian Scrase, Head of 3GPP Mobile Competence Centre at the 3GPP, remarked: “The LTE World Summit has become a must attend event and I am sure that Informa have done everything possible to raise the bar still further this year.”
To view the full event programme and register for the conference, visit the LTE World Summit 2011 website at www.lteconference.com or call +44 (0)20 7017 5505.
Join the event’s LinkedIn discussion group at www.lteconference.com/linkedingroup.
View the YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/lteworldseries.
Follow LTE World Summit on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LTEWorldSeries using hashtag #lteworldseries.