The Global LPO Conference 2011 - “Buyers and Vendors Meet in Los Angeles”
Date: Sat, 07/23/2011 - 18:28
October 5-6, 2011 at Hotel Hilton*, Los Angeles, California
Find the Perfect Solution to Cost-Cutting Mandates: This meeting is shaping up to be our best Conference ever, a major event that is a “must-see” and “must-be-seen”. We expect more than 150 international general counsels, IP counsels, law firm partners and LPO executives from the United States and over 20 countries.
However, outsourcing legal work raises some unique issues. Because the law is a regulated profession that is bound by a set of ethical rules, lawyers need to be careful that in outsourcing, they continue to preserve client confidences, avoid conflicts of interest and properly manage and supervise the work. Outsourcing intellectual property (IP) work raises even more such potential issues. Patent lawyers must be sure to work within the constraints of export controls that prevent the disclosure of certain proprietary information to non-U.S. citizens.
As a consequence, plans for KPO Consultants’ conference in Los Angeles on Oct. 5-6, 2011 include:
• Day 1 a focus on legal outsourcing overall, and
• Day 2, a focus on intellectual property (IP) outsourcing (with a special focus on patents outsourcing).
We think that this is a ‘win-win’ opportunity for law practitioners, general counsels, IP counsels and LPO providers everywhere. You have nothing to lose as you learn about the skyrocketing LPO industry and all the ins-and-outs of famous neighborhoods such as Hollywood and Beverly Hills within Los Angeles. Over and above, you get the opportunity to meet people one-to-one.
What Is Special About the Conference?
• To develop thorough insight into the existing and future scenario of the global LPO industry
• To find radical ways of sourcing legal work - what to do and how to do it
• To learn how the costs of routine and repetitive legal work can be cut dramatically
• To gain knowledge from the success and failure of other buyers
• To discover how to prepare your case on offshoring legal work for your business’s management
• To network and develop business relationships with LPO service providers
For more information on this conference, please visit www.globallpoconference.com/losangeles