Top Innovations from the fields of Communication & Networks, at CeBIT 2017
Date: Fri, 03/03/2017 - 21:00
The unified communication market is growing globally. A recent study by Credence Research, a corporate consulting firm, showed that revenues for UCC applications will rise to roughly 106 billion dollars by 2022. New products in the area of Unified Communication as a Service (UCaaS) are expected to be an engine for this: it foresees all communications tools being bundled within the Cloud, from internet telephony to video conferences to individual presence information for each employee. All the key questions related to this hot topic will be answered at CeBIT: "Communication & Networks" is the focus in Hall 12, covering the entire spectrum of current and future technologies, components and business solutions for voice, image and data communication.
Together with roughly 40 partner firms, Microsoft will come to CeBIT ready to present examples of the path to the digital transformation. The field of Unified Communication is represented in Hall 12 by Skype for Business. The aforementioned firms will be joined by others such as Datac, estos, IP Dynamics, Logitech and Plantronics in presenting new developments related in particular to efficient mobile communications platforms.
- AGFEO will be on hand with its own dome (R60) on the open-air site. "The hot phase of the switchover to All-IT is beginning," reports Marketing Director Niko Timm. "This is why it's important for specialized retailers to be able to offer professional solutions." Alongside hybrid solutions that operate on ISDN or IP connections, the company will also be presenting its first Cloud solution, dubbed AGFEOtel, at the fair: when combined with the manufacturer's SIP terminal devices, selected specialized dealers can set up a virtual communications system.
- AVM (12/D32) will be presenting its new FRITZ! products for the digital networked office at CeBIT, ready to plug into DSL and cable connections. Ahead of the exhibition, the Berlin-based communications specialist also announced a WLAN router with mesh comfort for optimal WLAN coverage throughout an entire building, as well as new features for the FRITZ!OS operating system.
- The new VoIP Gateway 2.0 from beroNet (12/D66) combines classic telecommunications systems with VoIP solutions. As a special feature, the device offers a modular network interface. Another focus is on apps: Additional functions such as VPN or simple fax servers can also be installed directly on the gateway using SD memory cards. In the IoT environment, central administration of gateways and apps is possible using the beroNet Cloud.
- The CeBIT portfolio from DrayTek (12/E24) encompasses VPN routers, modems, access points, switches and solutions for central management. Beyond the DrayTek ZenMate Security & Privacy VPN service, the company will also head to the fair with additional new products in tow, including the Vigor2862L, an LTE router with SIM card slot and wireless access points for outdoor use.
- Ferrari electronic (12; at Microsoft's partner stand at E24 and Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, E32) travel to Hannover to present a comprehensive Unified Communications Portfolio for the All-IP migration. This includes various pieces of UC software, such OfficeMaster Suite 6 with SAP-Connector, Cloud-Connector and DirectSIP for Fax over IP. A new piece of software for in-call recording, OfficeMaster CallRecording, is sure to be of interest to banks, which since the start of 2017 are required to record telephone consulting conversations.
- innovaphone will be represented with its new All IP applications as well. Visitors can experience live presentations of these tools in Hall 12 (D14). Beyond this, the provider of the WebRTC standard has also integrated real-time PC-to-PC communication in a UC solution as well. "In the long run, unified communication offers so many opportunities for making internal company communication more efficient that almost no firm will want to be left out," explains company chairman Gerd Hornig.
- Skype for Business users will want to visit Logitech (12/E24), which has a new AV control panel called SmartDock that facilitates convenient and secure management of video conferences. It combines with the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and the Skype application into an elegant and affordable collaboration solution. Another Logitech innovation is the portable ConferenceCam Connect. It offers 360-degree audio and full-HD video quality for virtual conferences with up to six persons, while also supporting both Bluetooth and the NFC standard.
- Plantronics (12/E24) is celebrating version 3.9 of its web-based Managers Pro with the Premiere analysis modules. The service, available on a subscription basis, delivers powerful analytical services for customers and sales partners, allowing them to optimize their own services and make better business decisions. "Every company relies on data analysis to make strategic decisions," says Christopher Thompson, Vice President Enterprise Product Marketing.
- VoIP pioneer sipgate (12/54) is taking advantage of the world’s biggest showcase for digitization to unveil a new web-based telephone system with wireless integration: sipgate team. It ensures that a company's employees can enjoy all the conveniences of classic business telephony even from on the go. It includes not just standard functions, but also extra functions such as an intelligent voicemail function that can send transcripts via e-mail and much more. sipgate team is built around a convenient web administration platform – meaning no fixed hardware or maintenance costs.
- Tiptel (12/E48) has tailored its trade fair presentation to small and mid-sized companies in particular. "The switchover to All-IP is in full swing. TC dealers, however, still harbor some reservations about consulting and support. This has lead us to invest significantly in practical support," reports Ingo Lindt, Business Manager at Tiptel Business Solutions. The flagship is the 8010 All-IP Appliance for IP telephony, developed and produced in Germany. The Yeastar S series, with models designed for 20 to 300 subscribers, will also be featured.
- Intelligent networking of communication is one of the prerequisites for a successful digital transformation. Decision-makers from all industries will be able to review the key innovations and solutions in this field at CeBIT.