Cisco to showcase 'Connected Life' at ITU Telecom World 2009
Date: Mon, 10/05/2009 - 18:42
Cisco at ITU Telecom World (ITU) 2009, in Geneva, Switzerland, is highlighting a variety of announcements that showcase the continued momentum of the Cisco IP Next-Generation Network (IP NGN) architecture and it is technology innovation which enable service providers to deliver an increasing array of innovative "Connected Life" experiences to their customers
The Cisco IP NGN helps enable service providers to deliver differentiated 'Connected Life' experiences to their residential and business customers by integrating voice, video, data and mobility to create unique "any-play" service offerings, at home, at work or on the move. The ability to deliver these personalized experiences anywhere, anytime, and to virtually any device, creates a host of new 'Connected Life' opportunities for accelerated service provider growth and enhanced customer satisfaction.
• Cisco chairman and chief executive officer John Chambers and other senior Cisco executives will discuss Cisco's vision for the future - the 'Connected Life, Innovative Experiences' - and the importance of the network as the platform in delivering and transforming life experiences to benefit the global community.
• Turkcell Delivers 3G Data Services with Cisco and Openet - Cisco and Openet announce that Turkcell, one of the largest mobile operators in Europe, has deployed a combined solution to provide a flexible charging system for its general packet radio service (GPRS) mobile data network. The joint Cisco-Openet solution introduces intelligence into the network to enable real-time packet inspection, rating and billing of individual customers' mobile data usage.
• Telefónica, Cisco deliver telemedicine experience in Argentina - Cisco announces the implementation of the second phase of a telemedicine pilot project, led by the Prof. Dr. Juan P. Garrahan Pediatric Hospital, Cisco and Telefónica, in cooperation with Castro Rendón Hospital. This multiphase project is geared to offering remote health care support and services in different provinces of the Argentine Republic.
• Telstra Deploys Cisco ASR 9000 Edge Router - Australian service provider, Telstra, is deploying the Cisco Aggregation Services Router 9000 Series (ASR) as their carrier Ethernet platform supporting a range of bandwidth-intensive, content-based services such as video.
• Cisco Doubles Density of Industry's Highest-Performance Edge Router, U.S. Service Provider, Cogent, Deploys Cisco ASR 9000 - Cisco has doubled the density of its flagship edge router, the Cisco Aggregation Services Router 9000 Series. This enhances the platform's leadership position as the highest-capacity edge router and gives it the industry's highest density. Cogent joins Softbank (Japan), Telstra (Australia) and Verizon Wireless (U.S.) as some of the service providers around the globe which have selected the innovative Cisco ASR 9000 as their next-generation edge routing platform.
• Virgin Media Upgrades Digital TV Platform With Cisco - Virgin Media, a leading entertainment and communications company in the UK, has chosen Cisco to support its Internet Protocol (IP) TV distribution platform and help upgrade its legacy digital TV infrastructure.