Ciena to demonstrate Built-for-Speed Packet Solutions at Carrier Ethernet World Congress 2012
Date: Tue, 09/18/2012 - 13:00
Ciena® Corporation, the network specialist, will demonstrate its built-for-speed Carrier Ethernet Solutions at the Carrier Ethernet World Congress taking place in Barcelona from September 18-20
PHOTO / telecomkh.com
A gold sponsor of the Congress, Ciena will be exhibiting at the event (booth #10) and demonstrating its latest Carrier Ethernet Solutions at the EMEA Innovation Lab (Hotel Fira de Barcelona Parking Lot).
Ciena’s EMEA Innovation Lab Demonstration:
• Rapid deployment of Carrier Ethernet services in support of cloud applications
The demonstration will show how cloud-based services can be accessed over a protected Carrier Ethernet access network, enabling the service provider to easily move a live application between data centers using VMware’s VMotion software – without any disruption to the service. The demonstration will include:
• Ciena’s plug-and-play Carrier Ethernet technology for rapid user set-up, which allows service providers to quickly turn-up new services and generate revenue;
• Ciena’s OneControl Unified Management System, providing network monitoring and visualization, service provisioning, and service control; and
• G.8032 – Ethernet Ring Protection Switching, including per-service QoS control.
Stream 1 – Solving the Operational Network Challenges of Running Carrier Ethernet Networks
• 18 September at 15:00 CET – Simon Parry, Carrier Ethernet EMEA Consultant, will participate in a panel discussion entitled “Carrier Ethernet as a Carrier Cloud Carrier: Implementation, Orchestration, and Management.”
Stream 2 – Meeting the End Customers Needs with Carrier Ethernet Services & Applications
• 18 September at 14:00 CET - John Hawkins, Metro Ethernet Forum Representative and Product & Technical Marketing Manager at Ciena; will present “MEF Update: Multiclass of Service (Multi-Cos).” Hawkins will also chair this session on behalf of the MEF, entitled: “Multiclass of Service – Manageability & Ethernet OAM Enabled SLA Managed Connections.”
• 18 September at 14:30 CET - Kevin Sheehan, VP Business Planning and Strategy, will present on “Carrier Managed Services – What does the Salesforce Need?”