Movius primes for rapid future growth
Date: Wed, 02/04/2009 - 12:13
New company identity, accelerated customer adoption and the release of new interactive mobile media solutions mark Movius’ dynamic 2008 success
Movius Interactive Corporation (Movius), a global leader in messaging, collaboration and mobile media solutions, celebrates the one year anniversary of its new corporate identity by announcing the achievement of significant new milestones and successes during 2008. These include accelerated customer adoption and the release of new applications for the Interactive Mobile Media market as well as the alignment of its structure to further accelerate the rapid delivery of new solutions for messaging and mobile media.
Moving into 2009, Movius has aligned its R&D and product management organization into two business teams to address both the core messaging portfolio as well as a team devoted to developing new applications across the messaging, collaboration and interactive mobile media market. Leading the messaging and collaboration business is Stan Chilton, Senior Vice President Core Business Products while Jay Whitehurst, Senior Vice President Products & Technology is driving the new applications initiatives. Both Chilton and Whitehurst are industry veterans with demonstrated expertise in delivering market-driven quality products. This new business approach will accelerate time to market for innovative solutions across all product lines while streamlining operations to act on new technology innovation.
Review of 2008 Achievements
Movius’ success throughout 2008 was marked by a number of milestones as it accelerated the adoption of its solutions throughout both established and emerging regions around the world. Key highlights of 2008 include:
• Launch of the new Movius brand identity and strategy for embracing the new opportunities in Interactive Mobile Media as well as next generation messaging technology.
• Expansion of the customer base with the addition of 42 new customers worldwide. In turn, the sales organization has been refocused in key growth markets and is now centralized under the leadership of Keith Bhatia, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales. Bhatia was instrumental in this growth at Movius in his prior role as Senior Vice President of Americas Sales. With over 20 years of communications technology, sales and business development experience, he will drive the further adoption of Movius solutions with carriers worldwide.
• Recognition for technology leadership and vision including earning the Unified Communications magazine TMC Labs Innovation Award for the next generation messaging platform, Versera ICE®. Additionally, John Boden joined the organization as Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President, Corporate Development. With more than 20 years of experience, including Senior Vice President of Products at Openwave Chief Technology Officer at GENBAND, as well as leadership positions at Nortel, Boden will drive the technology vision for Movius as it builds tomorrow’s solutions for messaging and interactive services.
• Reinforced commitment to Movius’ next generation messaging platforms, Versera ICE® and Mereon® though the introduction of new releases. This investment expanded the quality and flexibility to support evolving industry standards as well as enabled support for new and future applications.
• Introduction of Movius Rapid Alert, a carrier grade solution that delivers alerts and notifications over standard open protocols for mass notification. This approach enables carriers to provide personalized content and life-protecting automatic alerts to a user-defined distribution list for rapid communication of time sensitive information and warnings.
“2008 has been a year of successful strategy development and execution,” said Oscar Rodriguez, CEO, Movius. “Following the launch of our new corporate identity and strategic direction for the next generation of mobile media and messaging solutions, we have seen tremendous customer momentum. Despite the tough economic environment, we are fully aligned to continue to support our current customers as well as attract new business in both messaging and mobile media solutions.”