Harris Stratex Networks accelerates 4G network evolution with new solutions at CTIA Wireless 2009
Date: Mon, 03/30/2009 - 19:15
Harris Stratex Networks, Inc., a leading specialist in backhaul solutions for mobility and broadband networks, will showcase "full-on 4G" technologies at the International CTIA Wireless 2009 show, which takes place April 1-3 in Las Vegas. The company also will highlight its energy-efficient products and smart energy initiatives.
At the show, Harris Stratex will announce new, breakthrough technologies designed to enhance its market-leading Eclipse wireless IP platform and support the rising backhaul demands expected during the transition to 4G, while also optimising power consumption. New features and capabilities on display will include increased nodal and link capacities for native Ethernet/IP traffic. Other capabilities include an innovation that enables 2G/3G network operators to get the highest possible capacity from their expensive frequency spectrum investment while simultaneously preparing for packet networking.
The Harris Stratex booth, #1332, in the south hall at the Las Vegas Convention Centre, will feature a comprehensive range of wireless transmission products, services and solutions, including the company’s Eclipse wireless backhaul technology, WiMAX equipment, and NetBoss XT® and ProVision network management solutions. The company also will be featured in the WiMAX Pavilion, booth #5750-B.
In addition to its product showcases, five Harris Stratex experts are scheduled to speak at CTIA and co-located shows. Executives will provide market perspective on the following topics, including smart energy innovation:
• “Promoting a common standard for energy measurement” at the Green Telecom Summit on Tuesday, March 31, at 2:30 p.m. Location: Las Vegas Convention Centre − room N261. Speaker: Harald Braun, president and CEO.
• “Making the most out of spectrum: An end-to-end analysis” at the WiMAX Pavilion on Wednesday, April 1, at 12:15 p.m. Speaker: Burcak Beser, vice president, core system and architecture.
• “Weighing microwave options for wireless-based backhaul” at IP Backhaul: Getting More for Less, Session #3, on Wednesday, April 1, at 1:30 p.m. Location: Las Vegas Convention Centre − Room N257/259. Speaker: Paul Kennard, CTO and senior vice president.
• “Carriers demand power savings: Is your tower green enough?” at the Tower Technology Summit, track I, on Thursday, April 2, at 3 p.m. Location: Las Vegas Convention Centre − Room S224, South Building. Speaker: Saswata Basu, general manager, energy and security solutions.
• “Will Backhaul Bottlenecks Bring the Juggernaut of 3G & 4G Services to a Halt?” at the Tower Technology Summit, track II, on Thursday, April 2, at 3 p.m. Location: Las Vegas Convention Centre − Room S225, South Building. Moderator: Stuart Little, marketing director.