Agilent Technologies to show mobile communications test measurement solutions at 2010 Mobile World Congress
Date: Mon, 02/08/2010 - 18:39
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced it will showcase its communications test and measurement solutions for LTE, TD-LTE, 3GPP W-CDMA, HSPA+, E-EDGE (EDGE Evolution), UMA/GAN, WiMAX™, and femtocells at the 2010 Mobile World Congress, Hall 8, Stand A77, Barcelona, Spain, Feb. 15-19.
Agilent’s test and measurement solutions enable engineers in R&D, manufacturing, installation and maintenance to develop and deliver innovative products for current and future demands in the rapidly evolving mobile communication market.
“As a leader in the test and measurement industry, Agilent is fully committed to providing the mobile communication test solutions that address each technology’s development lifecycle,” said Ron Nersesian, president of Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group. “Our continued stream of new measurement product introductions further demonstrates our commitment to empower engineers to stay at the forefront of these complex and fast-moving industry environments.”
Agilent will demonstrate the following at Mobile World Congress:
-Updated Layer 1 design and verification libraries for the Agilent EEsof EDA SystemVue platform and two new design utilities that enable practical LTE architecture design;
- W1910 LTE baseband verification library, with Layer 1 reference algorithms for LTE v8.9 (Dec. 2009), along with simulation-based throughput measurements (W1912 provides C++ source code for the W1910);
- W1715 MIMO channel builder for WINNER and WINNER-II geometry-based MIMO fading, incorporating EM-based physical antenna crosstalk and propagation;
- W1716 digital pre-distortion builder, for improving the dynamic range of 4G power amplifiers and transceivers by 20dB;
- MIPI X-Domain Test Solutions, a comprehensive MIPI test solution for wireless and imaging applications. The system includes cross-domain DigRF stimulus and analysis with Agilent’s RDX, Signal Studio software and VSA software, and MIPI imaging test solution delivers physical and functional validation, characterisation, and conformance and compliance tests from packet to pixels;
- Agilent RF test solution, for 2G/3G/3.9G featuring the best-in-class signal generation utilizing the Agilent MXG and PXB for real-time LTE eNB receiver testing and MIMO receiver implementation. Plus the industry’s highest performance signal analyzer, the Agilent PXA for RF transmitter testing of cellular standards such as LTE FDD, LTE TDD, HSPA+, and digital video standards such as DVB-T/H;
- One-box testers, for industry leading R&D and manufacturing UE tests. Featured will be Agilent’s 8960 test set, demonstrating its Interactive Functional Test (IFT) capability. The 8960 provides a test solution for mobile devices across the entire life cycle on a single platform. Using a consistent test engine across the design process reduces development time by streamlining test programs;
- Drive Test Solution for LTE phones, Agilent’s is one of the few vendors to add a user equipment (UE) device solution to its LTE Drive Test package, extending the coverage monitoring of its industry-leading Drive Test receiver. The Drive Test solution includes comprehensive, interactive network performance testing -- throughput, throughput vs. location, carrier-to-interference ratio, MIMO capacity enhancement and channel resource allocation;
- Agilent’s Signaling Analyzer Real Time (SART) LTE, which helps users design and deploy equipment that meets specification and quality standards; verify, troubleshoot and optimize services; accelerate cycle time; and generate profits faster. SART now accesses air-interface data sources, including Agilent’s Drive Test and third-party Uu probes. It enables real-time graphical call trace across multiple interfaces (including IMS and VoLGA); performance analysis with fully correlated KPIs; support for all 2G, 3G and 4G technologies; and provides industry-unique end-to-end functionality enabling analysis of the whole network; and
- Agilent Portable RF Field Test Solutions, the Agilent N9923A FieldFox RF Vector Network Analyzer (VNA), the world’s most accurate handheld VNA and the N9912A FieldFox RF Analyzer, the world’s most integrated handheld instrument for wireless installation and maintenance. The FieldFox RF VNA provides the best measurement stability in the industry, 0.01 dB/degree Celsius, and offers the world’s first integrated QuickCal calibration capability available in a handheld VNA. The FieldFox RF VNA expands
Agilent’s handheld instrument portfolio with more network analysis functionality. The VNA is designed for field engineers working in aerospace, defense and network equipment manufacturing who characterise or troubleshoot RF components for mission-critical communication systems.
Agilent recently received Frost and Sullivan’s Best Practices Award for World Market Share Leadership in LTE and WiMAX test equipment. The award is based on market research showing that Agilent held the highest industry market share in 2008 with 20.2 percent of the market revenues.
Agilent has a wide range of hardware platforms and software solutions that address the complex technical issues inherent in mobile communications. These include wider bandwidth, higher frequency, complex modulation and smart antenna technologies. Additional resources include Agilent’s book, “LTE and the Evolution to 4G Wireless Design and Measurement Challenges,” a vast library of application notes, and a knowledgeable sales force capable of guiding and supporting customers through complex RF and wireless application challenges.