ECI Telecom introduces a suite of Network Design and Optimization Services, underscoring the 1Net Proposition
Date: Thu, 10/22/2009 - 18:17
ECI Telecom, global provider of networking infrastructure solutions optimized for next-generation network (NGN) migration, once again responds to customer demands, bringing a suite of new services and tools to optimize network planning, maintenance and operation. Supported by innovative software tools, the new services include Network Design, Network Audit and Traffic Analysis and Optimization.
- Network Design – The Network Design service helps operators introduce new services and improve time-to-market while avoiding high-cost disruptive migrations. This service helps network operators assess and design an optimum network architecture that addresses operational as well as strategic growth requirements.
- Network Audit – ECI’s Network Audit service enables service providers to continuously analyze and track changes in existing network elements, without compromising future plans for design and installation of new elements. The Network Audit service delivers a view of the provider’s network infrastructure and equipment to facilitate the decision-making process and greatly improve resource planning, utilization and allocation.
- Traffic Analysis and Optimization – ECI’s Traffic Analysis and Optimization service brings ease of operation to the day-to-day monitoring of critical metrics relating to network stability, capacity and utilization. It provides in-depth traffic analysis and enables the necessary fine-tuning for optimal network performance and investment protection.
To support these services, ECI relies on a set of innovative software tools that brings network planning, auditing and traffic analysis to a new level:
1. Network Design Platform (NDP) – ECI’s new, vendor-agnostic planning and design tool supports multiple technologies, such as fiber, WDM, TDM, Ethernet and MPLS. In line with ECI’s commitment to an evolutionary network approach, this tool is optimized for handling the migration to an all-IP network, reducing single points of failure and bottlenecks along the network, and optimizing network resources utilization.
2. LightPlan – Developed for WDM network planning, simulation and documentation, ECI’s LightPlan enables efficient and streamlined network planning workflows and uniform views of all network layers, technologies and platforms in use.
3. Site Planner – ECI’s Site Planner provides configuration and documentation for all the network elements in ECI’s product portfolio.
These services and tools deliver increased network design flexibility, reducing risks and enabling carriers to achieve maximum performance with minimal spending. By discovering hidden bandwidth, carriers can defer CAPEX spending and optimize existing network investments, improving their network for optimal transition to IP, a key principle of ECI’s 1Net framework for optimized and simplified migration to next-generation networks, and increasing network efficiency and reliability.
“Our Network Design and Optimization offerings bring together ECI’s team of services experts and a comprehensive and highly flexible suite of tools for customers who need more capacity without over-extending existing resources to expand or develop their networks. As carriers increasingly look to outsource short and long-term projects, with ECI’s services and tools, they can save on OPEX, delay CAPEX, maximize usage of their existing network and prepare for an optimal migration to next-gen at their own pace, the ultimate definition of 1Net,” said Eran Talmon, Head of the Global Services Division of ECI Telecom.
In India, Vodafone Essar Ltd. has selected ECI to perform in-depth network analysis and consultancy services. With the Network Design Platform (NDP), ECI identified key areas for optimization and laid out a plan for a smooth, efficient migration to NGN.